Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Devinci Wilson  (Read 5501 times)

KRON

• Yeah for it!!!
Devinci Wilson
« on: Apr 17, 2014, 13:34 »
Now then, I've sold my Intense 951 which I loved and have purchased a cheap, well used (looks like the original owner had a lot of fun on this bike) 2011 Devinci Wilson.

It started life as an XP build, but the previous owner was kind enough to update a few of the lesser spec parts.

Rockshox Boxxer Team Forks with spare springs and crown.
Holzfeller direct mount stem.
Zee shifter
Shimano SLX clutch rear mech
E13 LG1+ Chainguide
Ultegra rear cassette 11-28
Shimano Saint cranks and BB
Avid X0 Brakes

I've just fitted a Point One Racing direct mount stem and Bergtec Ride Wide 150mm bars and I had a set of Easton Havoc UST DH wheels to go on. I need to buy some new tyres before I fit those though.

I'm still just over £1000 in profit from selling the 951 which should pay for my lift passes, tyres and brake pads for the season. Happy Days!

Here it is, chilling in my apartment waiting for the lifts to open:

Can't wait to ride it.

Turnerkid

• Senior
  • SDH Rocks!
Re: Devinci Wilson
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2014, 15:08 »

sweet!

KRON

• Yeah for it!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 09:12 »
I've fitted the wheels, removed the red Salsa seat clamp and put a black one on, removed the red head set spacers and replaced with carbon.
Ride Wide bars and Point1 DM stem fitted.

2 weeks and 1 day until the bank holiday and the opening of Les Gets :)

Bad quality pictures, iPhone. Bikes not allowed in the living room now either, new TV arrived and Missus RW said it has to live in the spare bedroom.

Going to replace the X0 brakes with Zee or Saint (undecided yet) and then a Ti spring in the rear and maybe an SDG carbon ibeam post and storm seat. Should last the summer out here.

KRON

• Yeah for it!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2014, 13:27 »
I've fitted the Wilson mudguard and a chain stay protector. I did order a seat stay protector but that didn't fit.

I've ridden it twice in Les Gets now. First time I rode it I broke the lower part of the LG1 device. Don't even remember hitting anything, must be made out of chocolate!

I'm still waiting for my new brakes to be delivered. I went with a new set of Shimano Deore XT  ones in black with the 203mm ice tech rotors. Quite looking forward to putting the X0 brakes in the bin.

I need to order a new chain device too.

Next to swap is the rear mech, seat post and seat. Might put a Ti spring in the rear too but still undecided what one to go for. Seems to be a lot of difference in quality and weight though the different brands.

So far my plans of keeping it a cheap bike are failing.

Cedric88

« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2014, 18:47 »
150mm bars are a bit narrow tho !!

KRON

• Yeah for it!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2014, 07:36 »
150mm bars are a bit narrow tho !!

I think they're actually 750mm. Slight typo. The cool kids in the lift queue don't seem to point and make fun of me anyway so can't be that narrow ;-)
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2014, 08:49 by KRON »

KRON

• Yeah for it!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 26, 2014, 08:49 »
Excuse the poor quality pictures. I need a new phone/camera.
New XT Brakes are on with 203mm ice tech rotors and new Schwalbe Magic Mary tyres. They were lighter than the 2.5 DHF Minions and the rotors were surprisingly lighter too so should make it slightly more playful and faster having less un sprung weight.

I still need to replace the lower part of the chain device, but it'll be okay to ride this weekend up in Le Tour, Chamonix. Next on the list is a carbon SDG bost and saddle. Ti Spring in the rear and some new pedals.

© 2019 Ride It Out