Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kielder new downhill. Next route clearing session this Sunday 5th February  (Read 4891 times)

bullmonkey1

• SDH Rocks!
We will be up Kielder this Saturday 14th January and Sunday 22nd January to clear the route top to bottom.
Any volinteers would be greatly appreciatred. We will have a minibus and can pick up from carville Durham (just off A1), Birtly Services (A1) and Newcastle Airport. If you havent already confirmed with Carl via the Northern Downhill Facebook page. PM me on here and I will add you too the list making sure you cater for your refreshments and transport if required.
Jobs to do, will be brash trees and generally and clear the mulch from top to bottom.
Please come prepared to be out on the hill all day with warm clothing, boots, an old set of gloves etc. We do have some tools but if you bring your own loppers, rakes bowsaws, matocs, spades etc that would be a big help.
This will be your first chance to see and create one of the biggest tracks in the UK!
Sorry for the short notice hope to see you Saturday
Phil NDH

« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2012, 22:28 by bullmonkey1 »

bullmonkey1

• SDH Rocks!
Next route clearing session this Sunday 29th January. Either PM me here or leave a message on the NDH facebook page.

bullmonkey1

• SDH Rocks!
Ok thanks to the hard work of the previous clearing parties the middle third is nearly complete and its looking good.
Top and bottom still to clear.
If anyone fancies joining us we will be up this Sunday, either pm me here or message Carl via facebook.
We should be able to sort out the usual pick ups at Carville and Washington Services etc.
Phil

bullmonkey1

• SDH Rocks!
The next Kielder downhill route clearing day will be Sunday 26th February.
I can do pick ups from Carville Durham, Washington Services, Gateshead.
Either pm me here or on facebook.
Phil

bullmonkey1

• SDH Rocks!
Next route clearing day next Saturday 10th March
PM me on here or on facebook.
We will be doing the usual pick ups. Let me know early and I will make you a sandwich!
Phil

bullmonkey1

• SDH Rocks!
If any wants to join us with the route clearing, we will be up this Sunday.
Either meet us 8:45 at Kielder castle wood car park (just up from the purple mountain shop)
Or we will be doing the usual pick ups from Carville Durham, Birtley Services, Bellingham etc. Give me a shout and if your on our route we should be able to fit you in.
Let me know before Friday and we will make the sandwiches.
Bring whatever hand tools you have (lopper,bow saws spades mattocks etc) we have some tools but the more the merrier.
Be prepared to be on the hill all day so make sure your prepared for the worst weather with waterproofs and sensible footwear.
This is your chance to see and help what will be one of the countries best race tracks. Your help would be greatly appreciated

© 2019 Ride It Out