Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Do you want BC points available at FoD Mini DH races?

Yes
22 (73.3%)
No
4 (13.3%)
Not Fussed
4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Mini DH BC Points  (Read 2788 times)

down_hill_dan

• Senior
  • Guiding and Coaching in the Lake District
    • Roots Mountain Biking
Mini DH BC Points
« on: Nov 22, 2010, 10:16 »
Just throwing this poll out there as Chris said he can do BC points if people want it.......
Guided rides and skills courses in the Lake District. DH Race coaching at Cycopath bike park.

lyn006

• God Like!
    • www.Kendauk.com --- www.srsuntour-cycling.com
Re: Mini DH BC Points
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2010, 12:25 »
Yes definitely want BC points.

seb

• rootsandrain
  • MTB Company
  • God Like!
    • http://www.rootsandrain.com/
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2010, 13:49 »
I think Chris will only be able to do "Regional B" points (down to 15th place, not 40th like normal regionals) but I think it would still be appreciated, especially by those who want to do the BDS next year and are looking for a single point just to meet the second release of entries (first release needs 50 points).

But then if the price has to go up, maybe not worth it, as it's certainly fair to say that the majority of MiniDH racers don't care about points.

Bear in mind a poll on this forum is not going to be representative, as people on this forum are the ones more likely to care about points.  You get plenty of locals etc at MiniDH races who have never raced before, may never race again, and certainly don't spend their days reading about racing on the internet :)
RootsAndRain.com - DH results & race photos

down_hill_dan

• Senior
  • Guiding and Coaching in the Lake District
    • Roots Mountain Biking
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2010, 14:32 »
Fair point seb, never thought of it like that.

I was thinking of the chance to get a point on the board for the BDS as there's not much opportunity out there in December.
Guided rides and skills courses in the Lake District. DH Race coaching at Cycopath bike park.

lyn006

• God Like!
    • www.Kendauk.com --- www.srsuntour-cycling.com
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2010, 18:41 »
Fair point seb, never thought of it like that.

I was thinking of the chance to get a point on the board for the BDS as there's not much opportunity out there in December.

Yea alot of people will be looking for points in December as the points would go towards their 2011 ranking. I think its definitely a good idea.

Tobs

• Senior
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2010, 00:39 »
However, would it possibly move it away from the 'grass roots racing' theme/ idea? Just a thought...

Doesnt affect me really, as i know im not good enough to race BDS, but thinking of newer riders really.

© 2019 Ride It Out