Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is there any racing teams near Manchester??  (Read 5325 times)

Iron Pony

Is there any racing teams near Manchester??
« on: Oct 27, 2009, 15:04 »
I'm interested in getting into racing downhill because i have been doing it for a while for fun but now I'm thinking of going bigger, I'm based in warrington which is near to Manchester. But i don't have a clue were to start looking.

Can you please give some info and advice were to start.

Thanks. Lewis

Duck Egg

Re: Is there any racing teams near Manchester??
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2009, 15:34 »
Going bigger?

What do you want a team for?

Iron Pony

« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2009, 15:49 »
Exactly, i dont know what to do. should i join a team or not?

Duck Egg

« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2009, 16:22 »
You need to get results before you join a team, best thing to do is just hook up with people that race and just try it out. Just enjoy it rather than thinking you're gonna be pro and please don't think there is money in this industry for riders because unfortunately there isn't.
The midlands race series is a good start. If you haven't already gone to an uplift day, then give it a go, at least you'll get a heads up on the track. Good luck.

Rootes

• God Like!
    • Rootes Racing
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2009, 16:31 »
Team wise, I assume from what you're saying that your thinking more along the lines of club, in the way that when you're riding road or doing most other sports you'll join a club/team for training sessions and compete through that club/team.

DH isn't really structured like that.  It's a case of entering races privately, use your ability to judge what races to enter and then just go to as many as possible.  Teams tend to be by the way of sponsorship, once you get the results and/or get noticed you might be one of the lucky ones that gets some form of support.
Motorcycle website
http://www.wix.com/danrootes/rootesracing

Have a quick peek at what I'm getting up to with engines in the 2011 season.

Iron Pony

« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2009, 16:36 »
Team wise, I assume from what you're saying that your thinking more along the lines of club, in the way that when you're riding road or doing most other sports you'll join a club/team for training sessions and compete through that club/team.

DH isn't really structured like that.  It's a case of entering races privately, use your ability to judge what races to enter and then just go to as many as possible.  Teams tend to be by the way of sponsorship, once you get the results and/or get noticed you might be one of the lucky ones that gets some form of support.
ah, ok. thats made alot of things clearer, thanks for that.

© 2019 Ride It Out