Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: racing license  (Read 4513 times)

ramy22

racing license
« on: Oct 08, 2009, 14:32 »
Hello.i rang british cycling the other day about a license.i asked the guy would a british license be valid for racing in the south of ireland,he was very helpful but was not sure on this point.Can anyone help me on this one?I live in northern ireland and i would like to do a few scottish races next year as my friend lives there now,as well as the irish races.The british license will cover me in northern ireland and scotland yes,but south ireland i dont know.Theres no point paying for a license then day license's aswell.can anyone shed any light on this one for me?

Sensible Name

• Immortal
  • Senior
Re: racing license
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2009, 16:52 »
A British racing licence will allow you to race anywhere except at other nations' national champs. If I were you though I'd race on whichever licence is cheaper, as being an Ulsterman you're entitled to choose whether you want to be considered British or Irish.

ramy22

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2009, 18:11 »
thanks for that.the british license is nearly £60 cheaper and would do me for the scottish races, plus, cycling ireland are very hard to get a hold off on the phone.

downhilldude

• Senior
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2009, 10:43 »
Did you get sorted whit a license ? I am on the same boat I want a license only for ireland but I can't find where to get it ? cheers

© 2019 Ride It Out