Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Expert category question...  (Read 15516 times)

gloryowner

• ***BLACKLISTED***
  • Senior
Re: Expert category question...
« Reply #15 on: Sep 07, 2009, 10:01 »
Number 1 Junior goes to Elite (age dependant), but if a certain ammount of Juniors have made the WC Finals a couple of times they go to Elite too.. IIRC

dh dave

• Junior
« Reply #16 on: Sep 16, 2009, 13:04 »
top 3 ranked juniors into elite (josh, sam and joe) from last year.
4th and 5th are given the choice of expert or elite i think. the 6th-15th move to expert. the rest go into seniors.
your bc ranking is based on your 8 highest scoring races, so you could win 8 regionals but be below someone who won 4 nps and came 40th at the other.

downhiller

• Immortal
  • Senior
  • I dont ride in the wet. 'your bike gets muddy'
« Reply #17 on: Sep 16, 2009, 17:58 »
dh dave has got it, but if you are top 15 junior or top 25 senior you dont have to go to expert if you dont want to. top 25 senior is to many people to move up im my opinion. you could be a slow rider but go to the right races to get points. expert is a massive cat, almost bigger then senior. it should be top 10 senior move up.

seb

• rootsandrain
  • MTB Company
  • God Like!
    • http://www.rootsandrain.com/
« Reply #18 on: Sep 29, 2009, 23:19 »
expert is a massive cat, almost bigger then senior. it should be top 10 senior move up.

Er, hardly.  You race enough to know that isn't close to being true.  At NPS you get a lot of Experts, about 40 or so, and normally "only" 50-60 Seniors.  But the gap is normally bigger; most regionals are anything from 5-25 Experts and 60-100 Seniors!

In terms of sheer volume, there's currently ~80 Experts in the UK, and about 600 Seniors (Or "only" 150 if you only want to count the ones with licences)

Expert was introduced to make a transition between Senior and Elite (which used to be a massive gulf) and to cut down on the Senior numbers as the category was always by far the biggest at any race.  If anything I think Expert should be a bit bigger.  And yes, some of us aren't that quick, and there is a big range in ability, but that's true of all categories!

Brad, as others have said, it's top 15 Juniors that can move up to Expert if they're in their 2nd Junior year.  You're 7th now (nicely done) so you should easily make the cut.  Since it's optional I suggest you email someone at BC (Roger Wilbraham) to tell them you'd like to make the move.
RootsAndRain.com - DH results & race photos

Floor Tom

• Immortal
  • Senior
« Reply #19 on: Oct 02, 2009, 10:13 »

Brad, as others have said, it's top 15 Juniors that can move up to Expert if they're in their 2nd Junior year.  You're 7th now (nicely done) so you should easily make the cut.  Since it's optional I suggest you email someone at BC (Roger Wilbraham) to tell them you'd like to make the move.

With Senior I know it is opt out rather than opt in so you only have to contact them if you don't want to go up, but it may be different with Juniors due to the age thing and some people qualifying for Expert (or even Elite) in their first year of Junior.

Duck Egg

« Reply #20 on: Oct 02, 2009, 10:34 »
Bit simple... Who gives a monkeys. I was promoteed into expert after last season... So do one child.

Haha... what a penis!

seb

• rootsandrain
  • MTB Company
  • God Like!
« Reply #21 on: Oct 02, 2009, 10:41 »
Just in case the OP is very confused by my last post, I assumed he was Brad Mathers, but have now noticed my mistake and see that he's not 7th, whoops!  Still time though :)

Duck Egg

« Reply #22 on: Oct 02, 2009, 10:56 »
Just in case the OP is very confused by my last post, I assumed he was Brad Mathers, but have now noticed my mistake and see that he's not 7th, whoops!  Still time though :)

Ohh and you got Sion's overall wrong on sunday... shame on you Seb.

seb

• rootsandrain
  • MTB Company
  • God Like!
« Reply #23 on: Oct 02, 2009, 11:48 »

Ohh and you got Sion's overall wrong on sunday... shame on you Seb.

Did I?  He finished 5th in the overall standings by my sums, and on Sunday the top-3 podium was Bishop/Titley/Coates - what do you think I got wrong?

Duck Egg

« Reply #24 on: Oct 02, 2009, 12:35 »
You told him he was 4th on sunday. There were tears before bed when he found out he was 5th :'(. I hope you're proud of yourself!

seb

• rootsandrain
  • MTB Company
  • God Like!
« Reply #25 on: Oct 02, 2009, 13:13 »
Did I?  Whoops.  I only really cared about getting the podiums right at the time, which was hard enough with you nabbing the results constantly ;)

© 2019 Ride It Out