Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Paul's bulking up tips.  (Read 102422 times)

Milky@wideopenmag.co.uk

• God Like!
  • JacobGibbins.co.uk www.wideopenmag.co.uk
    • www.jacobigibbins.co.uk
Re: Paul's bulking up tips.
« Reply #120 on: Jul 31, 2009, 11:38 »

see on the waist line , the muscles make a V shape....

EuanRyan

• Senior
  • TWEEEEK
« Reply #121 on: Dec 22, 2009, 07:59 »
Areet,

Recently i lost just under 2 stone due to being quite ill in hostpital, and me not being a big guy (we're talking 7stone 8lbs) that was a huge impact on my body. So now that i'm on the mend i'd really like to get rid of my skeletal appreance and put on some weight, i'm not talking so much muscle, just fill out more, give me more shape!
So after reading through your tips i think i'm to be upping my protein intake and my carb intake, problem is i'm on a low fibre diet, is there any carbs in particular that have a low fibre content?

cheers!  :)
To finish first, first you must finish!
Its not the cough that carries you off, its the coffin they carry you off in!
When the going gets tough, the tough eat haggis!

JonGW

• Senior
« Reply #122 on: Dec 30, 2009, 21:53 »
Any alternative to cottage cheese before bed? I just tried to eat some and almost threw up. Not exactly a fan of the taste or texture.

pepsi max

• Senior
  • I am a weapon
« Reply #123 on: Dec 30, 2009, 22:16 »
Any alternative to cottage cheese before bed? I just tried to eat some and almost threw up. Not exactly a fan of the taste or texture.

tuna sandwich

milky hot chocolate

nuttela sandwich (thick spread) mmmmm

JonGW

• Senior
« Reply #124 on: Dec 30, 2009, 22:25 »

tuna sandwich

milky hot chocolate

nuttela sandwich (thick spread) mmmmm

Are you suggesting putting the cottage cheese in those foods, or as a replacement?? 

Leigh2612

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • appalache/ solo airs
« Reply #125 on: Dec 30, 2009, 22:44 »
sandwich- too many carbs before bed
hot choc- would need a good pint of milk in there
nutella- pretty sure thats not a good idea!

try cottage cheese with low fat yogurt, pineapple, anything to flavour
Or different brands of cottage cheese have differing tastes and consistencies
Quit your jibba jabba!

pepsi max

• Senior
  • I am a weapon
« Reply #126 on: Dec 30, 2009, 22:49 »
cottage cheese is full of fats?tuna is not.

you'd have to eat cottage cheese with some sort of carbs (bread, cracker) or it would taste rank!!

JonGW

• Senior
« Reply #127 on: Dec 30, 2009, 22:58 »
Leigh2612 - Yeah i'll shop around see what I can come up with, or it may just be a case of manning up..

pepsi max - cottage cheese is actually pretty low on the fat levels ( if you get the low fat ones, obviously) Plus I wouldn't fancy meat/fish just before bed.

Jumping J

• Senior
  • Team RideOn/SlikGraphics
« Reply #128 on: Dec 31, 2009, 12:11 »
sounds abit weird like but I like plain cottage cheese with a wee squirt of BBQ sauce init.... if you have some lying around in the cupboard give it a try  ;)
@rideonbikeshop

pepsi max

• Senior
  • I am a weapon
« Reply #129 on: Dec 31, 2009, 16:30 »
cottage cheese goes off real quick. so i don't think trying some stuff you found in the back of the cupboard is a good idea.

Jumping J

• Senior
« Reply #130 on: Dec 31, 2009, 16:43 »
.... I wouldn't suggest storing cottage cheese in a cupboard full stop......

you get the your cottage cheese out of the fridge then have a look through your cupboards to see if you have any BBQ sauce (hp/heinz-etc)

;D lol
@rideonbikeshop

DTPM

« Reply #131 on: Jan 02, 2010, 14:17 »
You could try natural peanut butter in hot milk, but I do mean natural, so read the label.

lucas

• Regal Graphics
  • MTB Company
    • Regal Graphics
« Reply #132 on: Jan 12, 2010, 18:39 »

There are so many things you can eat instead of cottage cheese before bed. Hopefully paul will agree with this as it comes straight from a professional trainer..
Anything with protein and moderately low carbs is fine before bed. I.E: a lump of cheese (low fat) & a large glass of milk. Or, some cold meat from the fridge? Ideally chicken. Or a jacket potato packed with mashed up tuna? Another thing you can do to avert boredom of food is get some tuna steaks or mashed tuna and just grill with something on top like low fat cheese... or, a spicy sauce. Or if you hate cheese just have good yoghurt that isnt some crappy fat in a tub jobby.

Or protein shake. thats perfect before bed just as a protein boost for the night, which is used more efficiently during GOOD sleep, thats another thing about ZMA like paul mentioned briefly... Iron Zinc Magnesium and Vit B6 slam you into a really good deep sleep.. seriously, I have never slept better, you can get some strange but fun dreams but hey.. A small price to pay in my eyes.

If you want some great nutrition advice you can go to www.muscleandstrength.com and go to nutrition-you'll find loads of stuff on there.
Well done for getting a thread like this going on here though...

Leigh2612

• Immortal
  • God Like!
  • appalache/ solo airs
« Reply #133 on: Jan 12, 2010, 18:53 »
you want as close to no carbs before bed as possible, yeah the protein is put to good use but carbs will go straight to your gut as you will be sedentary for 8 hours.
i will second the zma vote, great stuff, i havent used it for a while but get to sleep a lot easier when i do.
also muscletalk.co.uk, top website for advice on diet, routines etc.
Quit your jibba jabba!

Jumping J

• Senior
« Reply #134 on: Jan 13, 2010, 00:09 »
seconded 'muscletalk.co.uk'
@rideonbikeshop

© 2019 Ride It Out