Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Paul's bulking up tips.  (Read 102412 times)

smudge

• Junior
  • Never leap frog a unicorn
Re: Paul's bulking up tips.
« Reply #75 on: Jul 17, 2008, 15:45 »
At the mo my training program consists of...

Monday, chest and back
Tuesday, biceps and triceps
Wednesdays, shoulders and lats
Thursday, legs and abs
Friday, chest and back again
Saturday, abs and CV
Sunday, restday

All with a 25min gentle swim after

it may not be the best program i can do i might have to shiffle things about a bit with work and my diet (the packed meals are crap) but when im back in the uk its will be more regular. Oh and i have to walk around 6 miles a day to work too :(

Should benifit if i can keep this up a while im here till november.
Xc full sus wanted

Pedro.

« Reply #76 on: Jul 18, 2008, 22:40 »
i joined the gym a few weeks ago and ive manged to put on 6lbs of muscle in just under 3 weeks. I have a training programme and do all the exercises every time i go, which is all weekdays, my programme is:

5 minute bike warm up - level 2
24 minute bike programme - level 1 - 8
5 minute row or 5 minute run
chest press
lat pulldown
easy pull up machine
dual overhead press
bicep curl
stomach crunches on the ball
jack knives
 takes about 1 hour 30 minutes

so far i havent taken any supplements, would you advise me too? Ive taken creatine in the past, but it didnt suit me to well! im 16 and weigh 10 stone 6, I found it relatively easy to see changes when i started weights, before i was a slightly tubby but very active male. Now im seeing a leaner self, i feel a lot happier about myself and becoming slightly obsessed with the gym! Just goes to show what having so much time off after my gcses does!

smudge

• Junior
« Reply #77 on: Jul 19, 2008, 01:25 »
Yea sounds like you doing well mate, I wouldnt reccomend creatine to anyone under 18 honestly because you body is still growing not just exterior i mean insides aswell. Most companys wont sell it to under 18s anyway.

Sounds like you dont need it anyway!? thats a great improvment in that time well done, Ive slowed down a bit being 27. I rate the stuff some do some dont but always read the warnings first, Jokes aside its your body so be carefull what you put in it.

Ive cut alot of cv out of my routeen now and im concentrating on bulk muscle gonna carry on like this till xmas time then its light weights lots of running and riding an anything else i can do to tone up before summer. Good idea !?! god knows only time will tell for me.  :P

Oh im 27 and 15st at the mo

Xc full sus wanted

psyick

• Senior
« Reply #78 on: Jul 28, 2008, 12:11 »
i joined the gym a few weeks ago and ive manged to put on 6lbs of muscle in just under 3 weeks. I have a training programme and do all the exercises every time i go, which is all weekdays, my programme is:

chest press
lat pulldown
easy pull up machine
dual overhead press
bicep curl
jack knives

All good stuff mate but mix it up and dos some different exercises as well/instead because:
1) this will get boring
2) your body will get used to it and improvements will slow
3) you are not targeting all of your muscle groups

jamess

• Senior
« Reply #79 on: Sep 20, 2008, 11:25 »

chest press
lat pulldown
easy pull up machine
dual overhead press
bicep curl
jack knives

All good stuff mate but mix it up and dos some different exercises as well/instead because:
1) this will get boring
2) your body will get used to it and improvements will slow
3) you are not targeting all of your muscle groups

Whats the best suggested workout then?
Just as a general idea of what i should be doing, when and how much.
James

Static24

• SDH Rocks!
« Reply #80 on: Sep 20, 2008, 12:16 »
If you've just started stick to training 3 times a week (mon, tues, fri), and stick to basic compound lifts to build some decnt strength.
Starting strength is probably the best programme to go by for a while( a quick google search will bring up loads).

Basically just stick to squats, deadlifts, bench press, cleans/rows, and add some dips or chins in aswell.
Rides:
- Turner DHR
-  S&M L.A.F
- Old skool trailstar

James13

• God Like!
« Reply #81 on: Sep 20, 2008, 12:37 »
i really don't go to a gym that often (just a couple times a week in my free periods at college)

but i have found just riding builds up muscles and strength just as well as weight lifting etc.

for example i finished building a nice sized trick double at the begining of the summer and by now i have at least doubled my arm strength, just jumping and trying tricks.

also, just gettingn out and riding regurlarly will increase you leg muscles dramatically (well it did for me) and after a couple years biking i had the stongest legs in my year at school and still getting stronger.

long downhill runs are a wonder for most of the bodies muscles.

+ to top it off you are riding for fun/compotition, not going out just to work on your strength like you would in the gym.

jmann1
« Reply #82 on: Nov 09, 2008, 19:52 »

1, After a hard session my hands tend to shake im not sure if its bacause my body is being starved protein!?

No, that would be low blood sugar

smudge

• Junior
« Reply #83 on: Nov 10, 2008, 02:11 »

1, After a hard session my hands tend to shake im not sure if its bacause my body is being starved protein!?

No, that would be low blood sugar

Damm there goes my excuse for eating more then ! :(
Xc full sus wanted

Paul INITT

• Senior
  • ride HARDCORE, ride HARDTAIL.
« Reply #84 on: Nov 10, 2008, 11:00 »
eat more sweets and shugary things? XD  ;D
www.myspace.com/cool_is_overated_

Riding Is Like A Drug, You Get Adicted To It, Spend All Of Your Money On It And Spend Your Life Behinind bars

[Trail_Rat]

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
  • Never forget your beginner's spirit!
    • Trail-rat endurance racing
« Reply #85 on: Nov 10, 2008, 11:59 »
careful with blood sugars ....

last 24 i did i was seeing spots and feeling light headed as fook , lucky i met a friend on course who is a nurse and she told me to get some sugar in me very quickly .... so i ate one of her powergels ....

for the next week i was peeing so much i thought id become diabetic !
"i dont want to appear unsympathetic but i am so thats how it appears"

pepsi max

• Senior
  • I am a weapon
« Reply #86 on: Nov 11, 2008, 18:01 »
has anyone got any good sholder exercises. i know of sholder press, arnold press(good one), strait arm dumbell lifts(if you get wht i mean)

ta

WDH

• God Like!
  • 2008 Transition Bottlerocket
    • Wentwood Downhill
« Reply #87 on: Nov 11, 2008, 18:31 »
Upward row,
Also lateral raises (out to the sides)
and out to front etc for building up that side of the shoulder muscle.

TurnerFan

• Global Moderator
  • God Like!
  • Previously known as Chilled76
« Reply #88 on: Nov 11, 2008, 19:10 »
My shoulder routine usually consists of

Barbell shoulder press
Barbell press behind neck
Front side and rear lateral raises all superset together
Upright row.
Single arm db rear delt flyes
Db shrugs.

Paul
If you're not falling off, you're not getting faster!

Dh max

• Senior
« Reply #89 on: Nov 11, 2008, 19:43 »
need some advice.
basically ive turned 16 and to be honest im not happy about my bodys appearance obviously i can't change facial appearance but i would very much like to loose some fat and gain some muscle for a more trim body.
ive just turned 16 and im around 6 ft 3 and im the biggest build for my age that ive come across with a 50 inch chest on my school blazer ( had to have it specially made) so im not exactly light. i weight in about 17 and a half stone. i admit im pretty fat too but my legs are about 3 times the size of the people in my p.e classes so im not to worried about bulking up down there as i do alot of cycling.
i would like to bulk up around the shoulders and back and biceps and triceps, peck and abs as much as possible as i think it will give me more confidence in the way i look and help me before better in rugby.
the advice i need is i have a very slow or fast metabolism which ever one mean you gain weight easily so i wondered if protein shakes will help as i need to loose fat also.
also would i be best to join a local gym and ask for advice on exercises from and instructor or get my own stuff at home.
i've seen alot about eating lots of calories but surely if i want to loose fat i need to eat less calories correct me if im wrong. can any one point me in the right direction.
any help would be great,

max.
Fear is just weakness leaving the body..

© 2019 Ride It Out